Welcome to our Village
The Village of Martin's Additions (VMA) derives its name from its developer—Harry M. Martin—who purchased four parcels of land at the turn of the 20th century. The State of Maryland made the area a Special Taxing District in 1916 to allow for the delegation of certain powers to a citizens’ committee. More recently, in 1985, residents sought further independence via incorporation as a municipality.
Today, nearly 1,000 residents in approximately 325 homes enjoy living on the 14 streets that make up our community. A five-member elected council governs us, and we employ a village manager and staff who are supported by several contractors to ensure the provision of a variety of services. We also organize various community activities throughout the year such as monthly council meetings and social events.
Have Questions? Contact Us Today.
7013 Brookville Road, Suite B
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815-3263